Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10388)

se socmindmaestro >> wednesday january 17 - 08:26

That doesn't make any sense Peter, if you wanted to obscure a comment from the admins then you wouldn't have written at all. Also, I'm not a human thesaurus, maybe the previous commenter is; using the knowledge of concepts and describing the difference when analyzing a simulated footballing scenario is basically assessing the situation with regard to the question, you know I wasn't only describing the meaning of the words. 

se socmindmaestro
Registered2023-11-20
ru Ebitimi >> wednesday january 17 - 08:59

@Socimindmaestro, please can you break down your write ups in paragraphs?

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
se socmindmaestro >> wednesday january 17 - 14:38, Edited wednesday january 17 - 15:48

@Ebitimi, what do you mean? The answer was for someone else and in the original answer, which also was for someone else, my answer was formatted in paragraphs. 

Edit: also, when the text is shorter than about ten sentences there usually isn't any need to separate the text, because then it looks too fluffy. So the answer is initially no.

Edit2: Is it true what they say about you, that you're everywhere? Weeraba

se socmindmaestro
Registered2023-11-20
ee onuelver >> wednesday january 17 - 16:32

It's not only about number of sentences when every sentence is 3-4 lines long (says another one famous for long sentences). Your texts are most AI-generated-like ones i ever seen that try to say everything but finally go completely out of focus. 30 lines of text about almost nothing trying to impress with image of very smart one. Sorry.

Maybe you use AI to form your answers because you concern about your English correctness but simple text with possible basic mistakes is often more understandable. Most of us are not born English and i have surely here several mistakes too and it's normal. Nothing to shame. Reading and writing here will help to improve it too. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
il Numpty >> wednesday january 17 - 17:51

"Weeraba" didn't make it through the translation software. 

Rumbled. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Peter >> wednesday january 17 - 18:42

@socimindmaestro Write a full length essay on the lost city of Atlantis

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
ru Ebitimi >> wednesday january 17 - 18:51

@Peter, you would only get more confused as to how and why the city got lost.

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
eng Stephen >> wednesday january 17 - 20:07, Edited wednesday january 17 - 20:07

And with that, he was gone. Weeraba indeed.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> wednesday january 17 - 20:53, Edited wednesday january 17 - 21:02

Pity. At least he was entertaining. 

Although I didn't fancy my chances if I ended up debating with ChatGPT ...

... Weeraba Au revoir Adiós Poka Bài bài Arrivederci Sayonara Auf Wiedersehen Adeus Jal-ga Ma’a salama Farvel Kwaheri Dag Yah-soo Cześć Sampai jumpa Namaste Adjø Hoşçakalın Lehitra’ot Hej då Ciao 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
dk Fanfan >> thursday january 18 - 01:47, Edited thursday january 18 - 01:48

If you participate in the playoffs, the system will not arrange friendly matches for you in the remaining time after the playoffs are over. Is this a reasonable setting?

In order to gain as much experience as possible from friendly matches, I have to constantly arrange friendly matches in the next season's league.I think this maybe a bit inconvenient.

dk Fanfan
User
Registered2023-01-24
dk Odense FC
ee Taavi >> thursday january 18 - 08:49

My 90 year old keeper is way better then these guys, why is he snubbed from the NT shortlist?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-ni/shortlist

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> thursday january 18 - 10:50

As far as I know none of the veteran keepers play for the NT. There seems to be a 'retirement age' in the shortlist. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Peter >> thursday january 18 - 20:42, Edited thursday january 18 - 20:42

Can someone tell me if he indeed posted a full length essay on the lost city of Atlantis?

Edit: Why does every entertaining forum poster have to get banned? Smh

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
eng Stephen >> thursday january 18 - 22:51

He didn't get banned. He left the game out of nowhere 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday january 18 - 23:26

Is that a real place and what country is it in? I've always wanted to know. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets