Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

750-credit player preview (95)

eng Dragontao >> sunday september 7 - 14:09, Edited sunday september 7 - 14:11
Unfortunately Holt, it's a fact of life. There has to be some advantage to paying to play the game, or nobody would and then there is a very good chance there would be no game.

The advantages in terms of it helping managers win are very slight and only really occur at the start.

I'm not sure this is a much of a benefit. I certainly won't be spending 750 credits to create a player because of the random nature that means I could do so and not get a player as good as one somebody else has done. I don't have a problem with the randomness from youth centres, or even the lower level created players, but for this much - not for me.

The amount of credits I blow trying to get players in the transfer window, I doubt I'll get to 750 credits anyway, and won't be trying to save just to get one player. Add to that the necessity to build the required level of scout, other facilities are a higher priority for me.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
mt zio_pey >> sunday september 7 - 17:48
Absolutely agree, I like the random in the youth pulls but not here, there are too much difference from a lucky or unlucky player created.
I hope that Vincent will think to change it.
mt zio_pey
User
Registered2013-05-21
eng Tottenham Hotspur >> tuesday september 9 - 02:21
I totally agree, Dragon. I have level 3 VIP and have had for a while and for at least another 6 months perhaps but my credits, even when saving, have never gone above 500 as far as I recall, although I did build a few players when I first started but I very much doubt I'd ever spend 750 credits on a single player and as you say, Dragon, that's without taking into consideration you have to get up to YC9 just to even consider it and like you, other facilities are a higher priority for me so I think it's likely to be a VERY rare manager indeed other than perhaps those in the higher echelons, who are likely to take advantage (?) of this so will be interesting to see how, if at all, it affects the game at all - or not. :)
eng Tottenham Hotspur
User
Registered2013-09-04
au Capernicus >> tuesday september 9 - 05:49
I currently have 943 credits saved up and have been level 3 for a while with a fair few created players
au Capernicus
User
Registered2013-04-01
eng Tottenham Hotspur >> wednesday september 10 - 11:48
943? And you're still creating players? Well I wonder why mine aren't that much? I have wondered for a while if I'm getting my full quota of 4 credits a day or not because I vote whenever I see them appear as well. Problem is there is no 'history' page for purchases and sales from money and credits so there is no way really to check it out without having bits of paper everywhere. I've suggested before this would be useful for managers to be able to see in much more detail than the finance page but I think the game has higher priorities but it's a shame. I for one would find it very useful especially for issues such as this. Anyway good luck to you King Statham. Incidently, do you buy credits at all with VIP vouchers? I did at first until I decided it wasn't worth it. :)
eng Tottenham Hotspur
User
Registered2013-09-04
au Capernicus >> wednesday september 10 - 14:05
All the time, I figure its sort of worth it, helps add up credits quicker etc, there are perks.
au Capernicus
User
Registered2013-04-01
nl Blaaskaak >> wednesday september 10 - 15:21
Up till now I always bought credits with vouchers, voted almost daily for RS on the various websites, and tried to attend matches for 0.5 or whole credits when I was or could be online without effort. That gave me the opportunity to create one 500c-player each two months (right after the voucher exchange).

I made 4 500c-players, the first one very good (my current second keeper), the second one okay and the last two rubbish.

However, if 750c-players come as planned, I will stop using vouchers and bothering about voting and attending, because then it is not worth it any more, in my opionion. The standard 4 credits a day as a VIP is more than enough to cover the transfer market and special trainings.
nl Blaaskaak
Registered2013-04-11
nz Luke Broadcast >> tuesday september 16 - 09:43
cannot wait my player.

hope he turns out 20y0w selfish and downhearted midfielder with market value of 1.8 million
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
hu MacikaG >> wednesday september 17 - 11:16
Our game creator Vinnie has level8 Scout and over 1000 credits. What do you think about that?
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
nl Blaaskaak >> wednesday september 17 - 11:40
Of course he is going to make a 750c player. He is the game developer, so he should. That doesn't change my point of view though.

I'm still hoping Vincent will change his mind about the 750's as they look now. Maybe you can give us a hint if this is the final sketch, Vincent? It would help us decide whether or not to upgrade our scout buildings.
nl Blaaskaak
Registered2013-04-11
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday september 17 - 12:39
I'm thinking about adding a 1000-credit player for scout level 10.

This player would be a supertalent, but also have a serious price-tag (maybe 50 million). He would also be younger again (always 15?).

He would come in season 14 or 15.

Any thoughts on this?
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ua ... >> wednesday september 17 - 13:13, Edited wednesday september 17 - 13:14
I think the entire system of creating players needs a review, because it has become inconsistent, and certainly for the lower level players incompetitive with YC players.

Each additional scout level should enable you to create a better player, with a fixed talent exactly equal to the top level as in the YC with the same level as the scout office.

Additionally, I suggest to give all players from the same scouting level an exactly equal number of XP points, to be spent on all variable and fixed skills, and on specialities. You could create a special player creation screen for that, which would allow users to spread XP points across all skills and specialities as they like.

That would remove all randomness in creating players, but in my view that would be a very good thing, because why should someone who pays exactly the same as someone else get a much better player than someone else, and vice versa. If you then start using and training these players, their development will become quickly unique anyway, so you won't end up with hundreds of exactly the same players anyway.

Just a wild idea ;-)
ua ...
Registered2013-05-01
il Jordy Cruijff >> wednesday september 17 - 14:05, Edited wednesday september 17 - 14:12
Unless something new (youth11 or other buildings), I'm strongly against it, think about it, now a team gets on average a youth10 supertalent every 6 seasons.

Making those 1000cr players= youth10 supertalents, will give Vips that buys credits an extra 3 youth10 supertalents every 6 seasons, and total of 4, so basicly it will be impossible for teams who don't buy credits to compete with them. I know that some think it's good and some think it's bad, I don't know what admins do, but it'll defenatily bring to that situation so it's needed to asked if that's what we want or not.

The 50M is not pretty much now and will become even less harder to get in future.

Edit: also, flooding the game with such players will basicly make all the top-players (and most of the players in top-teams (teams who buys credits)) look more or less the same.
il Jordy Cruijff
Registered2013-04-08
nl Blaaskaak >> wednesday september 17 - 14:27, Edited wednesday september 17 - 14:29
I agree largely with Errennu, the system has become inconsistant and his proposal to let a creditplayer have the same talent as a youth from the same level, is an elegant solution.

But the creditplayers always did have some extra xp. I think a 750 or 1000 player should be significantly younger than a youth of the same level. In that way, a creditplayer would be better than the average youth of that level, but not by definition better than the super talents from that level.

It would make them different however, and I think that is just what we need. By creating diversity, the game gains options, for instance short term strategy with a credit player versus long time strategy with a supertalent. When will the super talent catch up? Exactly puzzels like that make the game interesting.

I think this would also tackle for a good deal the issues Macabi brought up.
nl Blaaskaak
Registered2013-04-11
in viktor >> wednesday september 17 - 15:50
Not sure I understand why having a younger player with more exp will create diversity
in viktor
User
Registered2013-05-22
in Air FC