Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

il Numpty >> saturday january 4 - 11:01

Has anyone tried contacting Sjoerd? He might have something to say.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/manager-34

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Ar4ers >> saturday january 4 - 11:38

If he builds stadium, this is long term 

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
eng holt >> saturday january 4 - 12:41

@Dragontao I won't say that the disconnect between the general users and those who use the forum actually applies right now, cause we've seen plenty of managers come out and speak recently, espicially those who have been playing for several years but never posted anything.

@Numpty I would expect Sjoerd's mailbox to be full by now too.

"He hasn't decided what to do for the best and wisely isn't saying anything until he does. " 

I don't think this is the case anymore.The fact that the costumary New Year greetings weren't sent out probably means that he has made up his mind.

I really don't want this game to just fade away.I feel that there is something special about this game that has had it flow so smoothly until now,along with the most open and inclusive community I've seen.It would be a real shame.

Aren't any of the admins or mods of different forums in frequent contact with Vincent? Or is there a complete airgap?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> saturday january 4 - 15:37

"cause we've seen plenty of managers come out and speak recently, espicially those who have been playing for several years but never posted anything."

Still an exceptionally small percentage of those playing the game. Therefore not a representative sample.

You see it all the time on various platforms, a vocal minority who think they are in the majority because they are the ones speaking up. Yet whenever a vote occurs, somehow they lose and sit around scratching their heads because they can't understand how their stated views weren't actually shared by the majority who didn't say anything.

As I said, I'm not in total disagreement with some of the things said in this thread but my view is the fix would be to alter the ME so that it is more tactical, allowing supposedly weaker teams with better managers to win. However, that in itself would lead to managers who can't be bothered with the time it takes to work on tactics leaving the game.

There is no simple solution to problems faced by games such as this because of the many different reasons people play the game and the differing mentalities of the user base. One solution will anger one set of users, while another a different set of users. Users who complain about one thing will be satisified but it may lead to a completely different set of users starting a #savethegame thread because managers of their mentality start leaving the game in droves.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Dragontao >> saturday january 4 - 15:40

Sorry for the double post but I thought I'd separate this:

Perhaps Vincent should run a survey on the main page, asking managers various questions, urging as many as possible to answer the questions, even offering credits or a VIP voucher as an incentive to take the survey. That way he may get a representative view of the user base and could formulate decisions based on that.

I guarantee you that, even if he fixed the "problems" as expressed by a good sample, many of those who expressed their discontent with the aspects he chose to fix would still leave the game at some point.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> saturday january 4 - 16:31, Edited saturday january 4 - 16:34

"You see it all the time on various platforms, a vocal minority who think they are in the majority because they are the ones speaking up. Yet whenever a vote occurs, somehow they lose and sit around scratching their heads because they can't understand how their stated views weren't actually shared by the majority who didn't say anything."

That sounds very familiar.

I had a sense of déjà-vu and thought for a moment you were talking about UK politicians and the House of Commons. :D :D :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> saturday january 4 - 17:15, Edited saturday january 4 - 17:16

:D Though voting on here may have a more proportional representation.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
pt Sir Alex >> saturday january 4 - 18:01

Everything has an end even the hungry games ended but RS will not die just cause Vincent don't come here, this isn't a surprise, he is not an active forum user. 

So, relax and still improve your teams.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
ee Balthazor >> saturday january 4 - 19:50

I think that there is more users active in forums, but many of them probably don't speak English, but they might be active in other language forums or league forums. For example Chinese and Polish people are not very active here, but they are one of biggest usergroups who may appear on local forums. There is also big community of Spanish speaking people and some community activists sometimes share some popular topics/proposals in English forum too.

Adding some other speculations:
Vincent thinks that current version is best he can do, he hasn't found idea of improving he would like. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
ee Taavi >> saturday january 4 - 20:06

Theres plenty of tweaking to be done lol , minor fixes and everything would be ok

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
hr Evil_C >> saturday january 4 - 21:04

So, it's rude to raise concerns about the future of the game publicly, but it's not rude to completely ignore users/customers? Ok. Let's not forget that that this topic wouldn't have existed if there was ANY communication from the owner. The guy should be glad there are still ppl who care

hr Evil_C
User
Registered2013-05-24
hr DPH Podsused
br Off em definitivo >> sunday january 5 - 00:32

@Dragontao,

Home screen searches like a tutorial would make a lot more sense. I hope the developer sees your comment.

br Off em definitivo
Registered2019-12-18
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> sunday january 5 - 06:50

I miss a game called  Soccer Manager Live SML bur its dried with Mxit mxm this game no updates i think they must shut it down because it no easy to quit im addicted to it:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::sob::sob::sob::sob:

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
bg mo >> sunday january 5 - 10:27

1. Almost every player market value is 500mls RSD. While their real value is barely 20% of what you see with new building introduced.

2. Players with high talent has high salary. 20-50mln a season for 1 player a season! Good luck making enough money with your 15mln a season TV revenue.

3. No communication from Vincent

4. No updates after new buildings which was good update, but not done well, because market value of player wasnt changed!

5. Credit creating players wasnt updated with new buildings too

6. Bugs not fixed too anymore according to bug forum

7. Everyone is buying cheap players , train them and sell them to bank for profit. This is hilarious and its not Football manager! Its Farm Ville!

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck
ee Ryan >> sunday january 5 - 10:49

"This is hilarious and its not Football manager! Its Farm Ville" 

If I could upvote your post twice haha. The unbalance of the market is what scares away a lot of new players, and the gap is stretching and stretching. Only option is to buy retirees or instead try to survive for 2 years to get your YA to a respectable level.

ee Ryan
Registered2016-07-25