Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Flank experience (10)

nl killik >> friday may 6 - 19:17

I have a couple of players who only can play on the right side of the pitch. I want them to be able to play in the center too.

How many friendly games do I have to play someone to change the flank experience?

nl killik
User
Registered2021-09-20
eng Stephen >> friday may 6 - 19:27

It's difficult to say because the value is hidden. All I know is if you play a player consistently in a different position, they will soon be able to play in that position. I think if you play them on the left flank, they will change to be able to play in the centre more quickly though.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> friday may 6 - 20:51

^ What he said.

Besides which I don't think it matters if you play them in the centre. The inference that I take from the Help is that all players can play equally well in the centre.

The issue is that if you play them in the centre then they won't play so well on the flank afterwards.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> friday may 6 - 21:18

Yeah, that's also my understanding. Should probably have mentioned that in my answer :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee Taavi >> saturday may 7 - 03:23

You can give them 1 minute in a friendly, it registeres as full flank xp, very low risk on injuries

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
nl killik >> saturday may 7 - 09:09

Thank you guys!

nl killik
User
Registered2021-09-20
hu Forza >> friday march 24 - 08:28

Ince again in flank xp!

It is written, that it works like positional bonus, where players can gain positional xp step by step from 0 to 1000 ( or even higher) in a degressiv way. So positional bonus is from 0 to 0.75!

Flank xp is three times less important so i assume the effect is from 0-0.25, so my assumption is that this variable is not digital/discrete value (0 or 0,25), but a value in that range. What do you think, am i right?

Would be interesting to know how to gain and loose flank xp. But direct experience is immpossible as this value is hidden. We may can derivate something from the behaviour of positional xp (we have the function how to raise, but at leat me unsure about the function how to loose pos xp).

Finally the last question: a player with R/C value has the same addition on the R flank as the player with simple R value? And what's the situation if they play in the center?

hu Forza
User
Registered2023-01-17
hu Forza Italy
il Numpty >> friday march 24 - 09:17, Edited friday march 24 - 09:19

You might find these threads answer some of the questions.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en?topic=85351

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en?topic=87878

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> friday march 24 - 10:36, Edited friday march 24 - 11:50

Based on the formulae for position xp, I can speculate how I think Flank experience might work. Caveat - this is all speculation but probably fairly close to how it actually works. 

Firstly let's consider what it says in the Help. I'll just copy the relevant bits:

Players and skills: Position/flank experience

• These values only change when playing matches.

Position experience

• Position experience gives a small bonus to tactics, scoring, dueling, blocking and passing. The maximum value for position experience a player can get from playing matches is 1000 which would give a bonus of 0.75 balls on all the mentioned features.
  • Some positions, like defensive midfielder, contribute to two positions. 

Flank experience

• Flank experience works in similar way but it is about 3 times less important than position experience.
  • There is no actual "center" experience, when a player plays as center, he gets the average of his left and right experience bonus. He also contributes to both the left and right experience. This means a center player will play well on either flank too.

My Suggested Formulae

We're not given the numbers for flank xp but since we know it works in a similar way then we can assume the formulae are also very similar. 

Playing on the flanks

When a player plays on the flanks I would suggest this is very likely:

Right Flank

• Right Flank xp = Current * 0.99 + 10
  • Left Flank xp = Current * 0.99 

Left Flank

• Right Flank xp = Current * 0.99 
  • Left Flank xp = Current * 0.99 + 10

For every match played the player loses 1% xp from both flanks and then gains 10 xp on the flank on which he played. This mirrors exactly how position xp works.

Applying these formulae we learn the following. 

If a player always plays on the same flank then the maximum they can get is 1000 xp for that flank and the other flank will then be zero. Since it's worth about a 1/3 of position xp then 1000 flank xp is probably worth around 0.25 balls on the 5 trainable attributes. You can only get this amount by always staying on the same flank. 

Playing in the centre

Firstly, if a player never plays in the centre but alternates flanks equally then he will end up with 500 xp on each flank. Similarly, if he sometimes switches flanks but not equally then the total will never exceed 1000. He may, for example, have 750 xp on one flank and 250 xp on the other. 

Secondly, what happens when playing in the centre? We're told it contributes to both and it also seems fair and logical that playing 2 matches in the centre should produce the same effect as playing 2 matches on either wing. I would suggest this is very likely:

Centre

• Right Flank xp = Current * 0.99 + 5
  • Left Flank xp = Current * 0.99 + 5

For every match played the player loses 1% xp from both flanks and then gains 5 xp on both flanks. This means that a player who always plays in the centre the maximum they can get is 500 xp on both flanks and the total will never exceed 1000. This is essentially the same as alternating flanks. 

The centre average

If any player plays in the centre then he uses the average of both left and right xp and since the total never exceeds 1000 xp then the average will never exceed 500. It doesn't matter if he normally plays on the flanks and has 1000 + 0 or normally plays in the centre and has 500 + 500. The average is the same so any player plays equally well in the centre. 

Comparing Flank and Centre 

An average of 500 xp in the centre will be worth around 0.125 balls which is not quite as good as 0.25 balls if always playing on the same flank. So it would seem that, in general, flank players are slightly more powerful. Although playing in the centre may have other positional advantages. 

Gaining Flank Experience

How much flank xp in total does any player have? Do they all start with around 1000 or some other value?

Again we don't know the numbers but what we see with position xp is younger players start with near zero xp and it takes over 200 matches to reach 900 xp. It's likely that flank xp works in a similar way.

A player with Flank R, for example, does not necessarily have more Flank R xp than a more experienced player who plays in the centre.  If a youngster started with 80 + 0 he might be assigned Flank R, whereas a more experienced centre player might have 450 + 450. I don't know this but it seems plausible.

I would suggest the best guide to estimating a player's total flank experience is to look at his total position experience.  Ultimately it's not too important, they all need flank xp but they will all gain it at roughly the same rate as gaining position xp. 

Note - just to reiterate this is all my best guess at how it probably works.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ng siege >> saturday march 25 - 15:53

this is deep.. i can't read it all

ng siege
User
Registered2022-10-13
tt siege is still here