Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10385)

il Numpty >> monday june 8 - 10:11

What is this thing called the "transfer market"? 

Is it like the fruit and veg stall?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> monday june 8 - 12:41

Kind of. You can buy a lemon for as little as £100m

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> monday june 8 - 13:01, Edited monday june 8 - 13:02

I didn't think you were allowed to advertise your own players @Stephen. :D

If the stall is still open I'd like to buy a pair of melons as a gift for @Dragontao as the club is going bust.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> monday june 8 - 18:30

I can buy 3.5 lemons

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> monday june 8 - 19:24

I'd prefer 3.14159 lemons. Then I'd have lemon Pi. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> tuesday june 9 - 06:52

I'm starting to think that the match analysis is not very good. 

I ran a few predictions through for my upcoming match against Cardiff and found out that my centre back, whom I have just signed from Cardiff, is being substituted at half time without my consent. Furthermore he is being replaced by one of the Cardiff substitutes! Hmm. I do hope that doesn't happen in the real game or I'll be very unhappy.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> tuesday june 9 - 10:31

To be fair to the match analysis, it can’t read the mind of Cardiff’s manager! Until he’s sent out a lineup without the player you bought, it can’t give you a lineup to analyse. The only advice I can give is to think about whether the likely replacement is better or worse than the player you bought. Then factor this into your analysis with some educated guesswork!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday june 9 - 10:55, Edited tuesday june 9 - 11:06

He's obviously a 5th columnist. :)

... oh and select a different game, he hasn't played in all 5 previous matches. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> tuesday june 9 - 14:02

No, I didn't mean that. In the analysis, the Cardiff substitute replaces MY centre back at half time (my player used to play for Cardiff in the previous game before I signed him). So essentially it is 10 v 12 with a Cardiff sub playing insted of my centre back for Cardiff. Weird. At least it was oly the analysis.

By a cruel stroke of fate I played Cardiff twice today, once in the cup and once in the league. In both matches the ME accepted the lineup but come the actual match refused to accept my lineup, removing the centre back Jillson I've just signed from Cardiff and replacing him with a supersub midfielder. Formation ruined, supersub effect ruined. The first time I reckoned it was some sort of cup tie effect and jsut about got away with it. The second time really hurt and I lost a valuable chance to get a crucial point. Now I'm not even sure if this will happen yet again in my next match. 

I'll stick it in bugs. 

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> tuesday june 9 - 14:07, Edited tuesday june 9 - 14:08

Yeah that's weird. At least you won the cup match. 

I see you signed him yesterday, do you know when he actually moved following the transfer review? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> tuesday june 9 - 15:57

@Numpty

The transfer went through 1/2pm and then four hours later after it had gone through admin. I set up the match in the evening once he'd arrived. It probably wouldn't have mattered had I played someone wlse. For tomorrow's match I have him coming on at half time, so that way if it fails again it won't affect my set up. That should give me a better idea. The next time I play Cardiff next season will give me a tricky decision to make, as I have little hope of hearing from RS over this. Sad really.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> tuesday june 9 - 16:22

Agreed. As Vincent is unlikely to fix it any time soon, then you have to rely on yourself to manage the problem. 

The reason I asked about the timing is it may have made a difference if the review had completed after the daily changeover. But obviously not. 

I think you need to find out what you can and can't do with him. How about trying him in a friendly? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> tuesday june 9 - 20:46

Good idea. Friendly for tonight sorted! Hope to join you for a cup semi final clash. Best chance for both of us to make the final so fingers crossed!

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists