Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10388)

eng Proper Top Gaffer >> sunday may 16 - 21:27

The wage thing just shows that the Academy thing was added to the game without much consideration for the overall long-term health of the in-game economy.

@Dragontao there are some small fixes that would help the game a lot. I dream of the dev selling this game to someone else...

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
ee onuelver >> monday may 17 - 04:23

I remember that it was not Vincent's goal that finally all teams will have again max FA+max YA so costs of academies were put high that everyone will search their balance point between their levels. Who will want too much will risk financial problems. Then predicted academy sum was 8 which would be last border of normally balancing and now we have many teams with 10. Those extreme wage players are all supertalents with unusual talents. Pucciol with 8 was then one very rare one and not with in youngest age born. It may all be planned that too eager teams who want get all best facilities and players will suffer and this will create chances to others. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
eng Monk >> monday may 17 - 06:19

I agree Onuelver. I think Vincent knew exactly what he was doing when he created the 11+ facilities. It makes the game ebb and flow over seasons. Some managers are only now just discovering the difficulties with the high level facilities that they have chosen to build. That doesn't include Koen, by the way. He knows exactly what he is doing. You can't win what he has without being totally aware of the game's nuances.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
au davo >> monday may 17 - 06:22

It is correct that combined acadamies can only be 8 to make a club manageable, but it is also dependent on having a wage bill of no more that about $8m p.w. if you have $1bn in the bank for max interest and have a L100+ museum. It is obviously variable dependent on other income.

I decided that the best way to play the game is to periodically sell all of your players and farm an entire squad of cheap transfers, while having 2 staff in catering, save up some money and build a new squad.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> monday may 17 - 06:44, Edited monday may 17 - 06:54

I agree the facilities aspect is working as designed. 

I do think Vincent has got the wages wrong for players with extreme talent. They are simply absurd and need to be toned down - by quite a lot. 

At present players with a star rating in their 20s typically have a wage in the range of $20-$60 million per season. That seems to be the norm but with some players outside that range.

I think it should be adjusted so that's the normal range for players with star ratings in their 30s. Maybe double that for players with a star rating of 40+ and set a maximum wage cap of around $150 million or $3 million per day. 

It should be the cost of the best academies that effectively bankrupt the club and not the wages. 

@Davo's plan is fine as he's simply being pragmatic and playing the game as best he can given the way it works. But the game should be designed in such a way that it's not necessary to do that. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> monday may 17 - 07:54

@Numpty "It should be the cost of the best academies that effectively bankrupt the club and not the wages."

Not entirely convinced by this. Considering a 10 in any attribute is the ultimate peak that a player can reach, having a player with attributes close to that should also command wages that suit his exclusivity. 600 odd million is completely ridiculous, but his wages should still eat up a decent amount of income generated.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> monday may 17 - 08:17, Edited monday may 17 - 08:36

Well if you had, for instance, a first team squad of say 18 players with an average wage of $80 million that's still over $1.4 billion per season. 

That would still be more than double the cost of FA 6.

Whereas Rambuka has a current wage of $750 million - and increasing - just for one player. More than FA6 just by himself. 

And this player, Kung, was on $1.35 billion - and increasing - before he got fired. That's absurd; and surely not what was intended when the wages structure was last revamped. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1815204 

(There was no suggestion that the wages should not 'eat up a decent amount of income'. It's simply a matter of adjusting the balance.) 

Edit

Another thing that could be considered is for every club to have a maximum total wage budget, which would be based on their finances, taking into account income, expenses and bank balance. A kind of financial fair play, which is what we see in real life. 

If a transfer would exceeed the wage budget then the bid would be refused by the board. In much the same way as the construction costs work.  This would probably be contentious with some people. But it seems to me to be a poor game if a club is to win trophies but destroy the club's finances at the same time. And then have to relegate or leave.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Ar4ers >> monday may 17 - 08:47

OMG 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1942183

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
ee Taavi >> monday may 17 - 10:29

Few more seasons and his wages will drop :D

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> monday may 17 - 10:58, Edited monday may 17 - 11:52

Another thing to bear in mind with the wages formula is that this was last changed in Season 32, which was fully 2 seasons before the academies started.  

So at that time 5.0 was the highest possible talent for the normal players and supertalents much over 6.0 would have been uncommon.  The highest training centre was level 10 - and red star players were something special.

Clearly the wages formula was not designed for, nor tested on, the current generation of players. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> monday may 17 - 11:33

Yes, there is no way the wages formula was designed for the current system we have in place with the talented players we see nowadays.

But people have been raising this issue with wages for some time now including when Vincent was still active. He wasn't minded to do anything about it then. He's not around just now anyway, but I don't know if he would be minded to do anything about it if he were.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> monday may 17 - 11:52, Edited monday may 17 - 11:53

Here is what Vincent had to say in the 'new wages' thread at the time it was being discussed. 

• It's not necessarily a problem if clubs have to think about wages. This is not so much in favor of the old time or the new users but rather of the better managers.
  • There will have to be another solution for the clubs who have finished all the important facilities. We will come up with more ideas for this soon. This change should not be expected to solve all of the financial problems in the game.
  • I looked into a lot of teams though, also most of the teams that complained in this topic, and I haven't found anything really shocking. It should not be an impossible challenge to make it work with the new wages.

And some of the wages that were quoted in the same thread, which would be indicative of the new wages at the time :

• $ 45 595
  • $ 45 181
  • Weekly wage (Experimental) is €1743 
  • 9000 RSD extra 
  • an increase ( for my team) of £150k a week 
  • £50k a week
  • squad, ...  is increasing from £164k to £304k a week
  • € 19 694.
  • first team new wage £190 128
  • $24021
  • $1.8m per season

The highest numbers mentioned (presumably the best supertalents) ....

• $30mil per season
  • 670,000 eur weekly wage
  • 8.95 talent ... is gonna cost me 30m per season in a few seasons
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> monday may 17 - 15:38

Exactly the point I was making Numpty. What is the point of the game generating such players if they are just going to end up being fired. There should be a wage cap on them.

Having such a wage cap doesn't doesn't prevent the facilities and wage bill in total making managers think about their strategy.

Currently too many things irritating me about the game that just aren't going to be fixed.

I'm taking a step back from bothering with my team. Just going to stockpile money and see if I can be bothered to start managing again should the situation improve. At which point I'll probably have to do so by starting from the bottom division again as relegation is very likely with no incoming players.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
lv Ar4ers >> monday may 17 - 15:48

Amazing season start and this today happen

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1898185

If I want to heal - 245 millions €

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo